Shaum Ramadhan Eve...

This late afternoon I went to Uni as usual, walked 10 minutes to main road, took any tram and then lilydale train. The journey was pretty much similar as the days before. At a peak hour as such, it's quite obvious that I'd rush my way to platform 2. Today wasn't quite as yesterdays. Today, I noticed something different on my way to Uni. Today, I saw a family. They were just few meters away from where I stand. A father holding his guitar, a little daughter was beside him carrying small tamborine and harmonica trying to be a street musician as his daddy. Behind them, there's a lady sat on the corner wrapped up in a black cloth. I don't know who she is. I don't know who they are. Theyre just another random people I met in my ordinary life. But the little girl seems glee with laughter and smiles. Her daddy is only a street musician, but at that moment it looks as if theyre okay with it, they are complete. Suddenly, I felt warm and fuzzy feeling rumbling in my stomach.. They are just an simple family living a very simple life. His little daughter is prolly just about 5 years old or younger. But she looks as if she has the whole world upon her hand. Her clothes are clean, neat and pretty. With those tiny purple boots, red dress, and pair of wings on her back. She doesn't look like a street musician's daughter. She looks like a kid. Just a kid, with her innocent face and happy laughters. She is so lucky, I thought. I don't think I've ever saw such view. Not when I was back at my home country.

They were the opposite of what I just saw earlier today. Their clothes are all shabby and torned. Sometimes, they walked barefoot cos they can't afford to buy pair of flip flops. They don't have wings on their back cos they prolly have other things to think of beside having a set of furry wings on their back. Their daddy might also be street musicians, but they also have to stand beside him with every effort earning a little penny of their own. Dear God, don't we all your beloved creation? Don't we all made of the same element? So why does living in different continent could separate our lives like day and night? Sometimes I think this might be our punishment for being hypocrites, to ourselves, to everybody else, and to You. I suppose forgiveness is not on the agenda.

I just hoped for a better life, for all of us, for those kids. They don't need to suffer at that fragile age. Let maturity comes before they know the word suffer and misery. I know I've complaint alot about my life, but truly, mine is much better than those kids'. I just hoped, someday when the world is a better place to live, these kids can leave their shabby clothes for nice and neat attires, cute little mini boots, complete with a pair of wings on their back. And all I see is that their bright faces and they are overjoyed just being kids. Someday, people will -again- adore them because they are just kids who are naturally born to be adored and not mannequins that people could just ignore and walk through. I can't say I've helped enough for them to have such dreams. I, myself, a selfish ignorant. Shame.

Exactly two and half hour from now is the first day fasting on Ramadhan 1426 H. It's my second Ramadhan with mum here. I don't know whether I'm blessed or to act as if it's nothing. I tried not to make promises that I know I cannot keep. A day before Ramadhan, I got tested for my faith. During class today, a classmate brought wine before presentation started, which is a nice ice-breaker. People were drinking wine in small sample glasses. He offered me some. I refused. Although temptation was high cos most of them were drinking and the bittersweet smell of wine was all over the room. I admit, I was tempted for a second. It was something that got me thinking, westeners' social life is all about drinking. What will I do when I'm in their social cycle? Will I then have the power to decline?

We'll get the answer when I'm already in their lives. Til then, I still dare to say No. It's late.. I ended here with Ramadhan Mubarak to everyone.


ps: at a time as this before Ramadhan, I hate to admit but I kinda miss him. I wonder how he's doing now? I hope he's doing all the best with his new life. Oh well, too much MG, KLBK Kumat! blech. wake up.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
A Blank Canvas, Ready to be painted. Contemplation at its best. A personal Journey...

goBlog