The Ipod Empire

Question: How many iPod owned in a single household?

It is amazing how iPod can continuously releasing new innovation in just matter of weeks. Nano was just another invention and now we see there's already a new one called 'the new iPod'. The difference between this one and the others is the addition of video feature. Its so cool OK. I so desperately want one.

iPod is using massive advertisement exposure, which implicitly force people to have the necessity to at least have one iPod in their pocket. They create the need for customers. Subconsciously, they brainwashed us to have iPod like having the need to eat. This hype is more fab than the booming of mobile phones. It is massive! In mere months you saw people wander around city, suburbs, small villages with the white string earphones hanging on their neck.

I always wonder what makes iPod so different than any other mp3 players? The first iPod was not new-to-the-world product. There are good amount manufacturers who have established mp3 players ranging from affordable to ridiculously overpriced. So what makes iPod a cool-gadget-that-everyone-must-own?

It certainly has a huge capacity. Helloo.. 20 to 40 GB? That's HUGE. It could hold thousands of music and documents. But do we have time to listen all of the tenth thousands songs? Logically, no. But of course, we are tempted with the idea of having all things fit into one small packaging. It's basically our electronic junkyard, really. Look, I'm not saying iPod is useless innovation. Heck I even want one, rememberr..!

But the thing is, I'm really curious on behind-the-screen of iPod production. I really really really want to know how they actually market the product. Cos the success definitely came mostly from the marketing/advertising division. They did a hella job! I want to know the brain behind all the mass marketing planning of each and every iPod products. Just look at the ads, they are everywhere and always consistent with its' contents and preferences. Those what made us brainwashed so easily. Look at the eye-catching colors and silhouettes of party-goers with their iPods. It's way cool OK. It got attitude. I'm lovin' their ads. Now they even have Eminem in one of the ad, with the same consistencies. It is awesome!

I know I don't need another iPod cos sis already have one, the iPod photo. But you know what, I still can't help that I'm craving the new one with video feature. It's bloody expensive though. That's why I'm having second (and maybe third, fourth, etc) thoughts. But it is just so practical. I can watch a movie and listen to my music collection just in one player? I want onee!!!!!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
A Blank Canvas, Ready to be painted. Contemplation at its best. A personal Journey...

goBlog