Chick or Chic Lit?

I've read almost every Meg Cabot's book. Here's the list of her Book I've read so far:

Princess Diaries 1 - 6
Boy meets Girl
The guy next door
Every boy's got one

Cabot's books are really easy to follow and have quite interesting writing approach. She uses emails, notebooks, electroning messenger, diaries, and other common ways of writing journals. It's like youre drawn into your own daily life. As if youre reading your own journals with bits of laughter, happiness, bitter jealousy, and every other emotions of life. Cabot's books are very light, in terms of story lines and plots. Yet it's very relaxing to read all of her books. She could easily makes us to dream again about fairy lands with all the casts are somehow as ordinary as our own little life. Although the love she brought to life is not always be the love that exist in reality. Yet every book needs a happy ending, dont they?

PS: today's is september 11. Exactly four years ago I was running on my way to uni. It was my first Ugrad year first semester at Uni. I got on the bus that morning, jammed in between other fellow students and they were all have newspaper on their hands. I didn't really notice that the massive calamity had happened the night before in the other part of the world. I just walked casually to my lecture theatre. It was not until the break when me and some other friends walked into campus centre to notice that every TV in that building were switched on! There was the breaking news of America's under attack in red bold font. Me, who was still an absolute clueless, asked a friend of what was happening. He told me about the tragic disaster happened approx midnite eastern standard time. We stood there for few minutes to get updates on the news. People were just sat under the TV whilst eating their lunch. All eyes were on the news. No one moved. It was the horrific tragedy we all never could've expected. It was the first of many to come. Yet all we can do thereafter is to hope for a better future cos of what we are but human with no power greatly than Allah SWT.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
A Blank Canvas, Ready to be painted. Contemplation at its best. A personal Journey...

goBlog