From Ritalin to Mel Gibson.... and Yumcha?

Woke up early this morning and tuned in to today's sunrise. A topic on ADD med Ritalin is raised. Apparently, W.A is the most "drugged" state in Australia. Many parents cudnt take the hypo-active kids and considered them to have an illness, ie. ADD (attention deficit disorder) syndrome. Raised in a home where drug was jes used to actually medicate serious illnesses and not the hyperactivity of a kid, the issue really get my attention. Prolly parents use ritalin to make things easier? if that's the case, why bother having kids? I'm always surrounded with kids all my life and theyre really a tough crowd to handle. They run around whatever they want and jes cudnt shut up. There are hypo kids everywhere but are all hyperactivity is an ADD syndrome? Instead of popping these kids pills, why not popping the parents some pills? I'm sure there are children who have this disorder and need the pills, but certainly not all of em have ADD syndrome due to their hyperactivity?

Anyhoo, thats just a topic I came across this morning.
Another one about a movie I watched briefly last night. Have you heard a movie entitled "The year of living dangerously"? It's Australian movie made around the year 1982. The lead actor is MEL GIBSON. Nothing out of the ordinary yet I'm sure. Not until you hear this next thing I'm about to tell. The movie is about Indonesia political crisis in the 60s. The year is 1965 when the communist party was about to be collapsed with student rallies and the infamous 'Soe Hok Gie' (he he). Noo, Gie wasn't in Mel's movie but Yes it's all about Jakarta's condition at the time. It's very 60s and becak was everywhere! Mel Gibson even rode one! Lol. Funny how a huge hollywood star ever rode a becak. *Grin* The off-side of it is all the major actors are Americans (or Aussies?). They even placed Sukarno's role by an Aussie/Malay-look-alike. The overall story wasn't really of my interest and not as political-minded as the movie 'Gie'. Duh, Gie movie itself is one of those political-wannabe-turns-into-melancholy-lovey-dovey-drama. So which one's the worst, you decide. You gotta admit tho, it's surprising to know that several hollywood stars played some roles in a movie about Indo, altho it's potrayed on its rotten situation (which still continue to occur over the years *sigh*). One of the actor (actress?) even won an oscar for her role as the trustworthy Aussie/chinese journalist in Jakarta. Thank goodness there was no Ayu Azhari in the movie, the acclaimed "superstar" at the time. =D

Off the topic, I crave yumcha since yesterday but can't get it today cos the weather's all foggy and drizzle since morning. Meaning, too cold to get outta the house jes to fulfill my craving for yumcha. Wishing there's a yumcha delivery thats just a phone away... Ha! yeh right.

1 comments:

Anonymous 3:14 AM  

My name is Lance Burnet and i would like to show you my personal experience with Ritalin.

I am 56 years old. I have taken Ritalin for 30 years. I have been diagnosed with a mild form of narcolepsy. I use 4 (10 MG ) pills per day. The drug ahs worked wonders and eliminated the drowsiness and sleep attacks. My concern now is the length of time I have been on it. When taking a "drug holiday" it seems like my symptoms are worse.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
rebound effect when dosage wears off.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Lance Burnet

About Me

My photo
A Blank Canvas, Ready to be painted. Contemplation at its best. A personal Journey...

goBlog