on habits.

I have numerous bad habits.
One of which is the desire to purchase books from bookshops without even knowing what the book is about and also the possibility of not reading it after purchase.

I love books. I love the covers, I love the synopsis it tries to drown us into the deep of its' story. The excitement of reading people's reviews on specific book and wondering if it will give the same vibe for me or instead leaving it on the shelf, unfinished.

I cannot help the fact that I love to wander around bookshops and widen my eyes while browsing all those books on the shelves. Shiny covers. Mysterious front page. Witty titles. Eloquent reviews. Fantastic or dramatic fonts cover. They all represent a chronicle of proses and stories. I mean, who doesn't like a little bit of tale in this chaotic life, innit?

Yet again, the issue here is, I don't read most of these books.

I love to purchase 'em and love to browse bookshops, but can't say the same for reading 'em.

Only those with exciting stories and just enough amount of suspense that'll attract my attention. It's like picking out shoes.. only those that my feet like, then those I'd wear. ;)

But the reason for this posting is not to tell all the mumbo jumbo. I'm having the crave, again. I gotta get another book. It's called naked pictures of famous people, Jon Stewart. I dun the bloody know what the book is about, but it surely has a dodgy mysterious-y cover and interesting review.

So, shall I buy it?

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
A Blank Canvas, Ready to be painted. Contemplation at its best. A personal Journey...

goBlog