Mum's Day!

The second sunday in May is Mum's day. and that's Today!!

Little did I know about the tradition of mother's day in Australia. Not until I work on the week of mum's day I realized how appreciative the locals are of this day. People would buy chocolates, flowers or at least greeting cards for their mom, or even their nanna!
Lucu ya tradisinya.

I then asked my aunty about mother's day in Indo.
I know we have different date for mum's day there, and I usually don't remember it. hehehe
so I asked how do we celebrate mother's day in Indo. The answer is, we don't really.
I remembered it right. 'cause back then I don't quite remember ever celebrating it. Not even a greeting card for mom! =D

But, we do celebrate Hari Kartini. She was the mother of every mom's in Indo, wasn't she? hehe nggak ya? ok different context.

it got me thinking though.
why we don't treat mother's day as big celebration as Hari Kartini?

Although, yes, we do sms our moms on mother's day. could that be the same appreciation as sending greeting cards?

After all these years, gue baru nyadar bedanya tradisi disini dan di Indo. hehe telat yoo!

Well neways,

to all moms out there, Happy Mother's Day, moms!!!!!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
A Blank Canvas, Ready to be painted. Contemplation at its best. A personal Journey...

goBlog