winter break

I had 25 minutes before today's shift started. I've been walking for the past minute with destination: the supermarket. At swan st, I notice a small cozy bookshop that I always wanted to go. Then I decided to go inside the book talk cafe and see if it's as cozy as it looks from the outside. And?
I aint mistaken! It's really cozy, nice and warm inside as it appears on the outside. The smell of coffee spreads around the room. People chat, read books and just chill-in. I instantly fell in love.

It's a bookshop that I've always see in movies.. a place that I always wanted to go.. a place i've always wanted to own. but of course the latter is jes a long-term dream.. =) Is it a silly one?

I've said on earlier post, I love to buy books... but not really into reading them. stupid eh? :p No no listen, sometimes the review or 1st chapter don't give out the tingles, hence stop reading 'em. but that don't stop me from buying other non-readable books, still. :p

There are books I plan to read this winter break... lots of 'em ya. 1st, have to finish bergdorf blondes. Jes bought it few days ago. People say it's witty and easy-to-read book. so why not buy it. I never like chick lit, even as famous as the devil wears prada. For me, those books are relatively similar. the lifestyle of american - manhanttan girls with their ladies-like issues, ie. men, shoes, haute couture, high-maintanance lifestyle, extravagant night life, etc. In other words, things that Jakarta-ers desperately try to adapt!! the latter? pity.

2ndly, the book don't think of an elephant!! Gahh.. still havent finish it. it's been months!! It's not boring, believe you me. it's jes not light. if u get wat i mean. I will finish it this winter break. I can read it jes for few hours cos only few chapters left. but so lazy to think. Reading the book needs to think, unlike bergdorf.

3rdly, pada sebuah beranda bondan winarno. honestly, gue gak tau itu buku tentang apa. lol. a fren told me it's good book. so yah why not buy it (again). It's a compilation of short stories. I've read 2 of 'em. Can't really comment on 'em. hmm.. must read all then know bondan's writing style to be able to appreciate the book.

next in line.. prolly i might also read saman ayu utami. i've read it once, but .. hehe.. dun understand *blush* stupid ay? otherwise, i'd read other indo book i bought since last summer. lol.

Althou I plan to read all of those books.. but by the end of the break, i might only read one book.. which is either bergdorf or don't think of an elephant. lol. So much for the list, eh? :p

Off the topic, a pair of Uggs is already near my reach.. I knew where to spot them and then oh-so-proudly wear them! :p

You'll be mine UGGS. in mere days. for sure.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
A Blank Canvas, Ready to be painted. Contemplation at its best. A personal Journey...

goBlog