today

let see... lots happened today. kinda unsual for my daily 'chores'. There are mixed up about my payslips at coles. bah. i get lesser pay than i'm supposed to. massive chaos, seriously. hopefully, it all sorted out soon.

afterwards, i was jes walking, minding my own things. suddenly, there's this lady who greeted me. straightaway i knew she's one of those marketing research or one of human/animal/children rights organisation thing. turned out she was representative from one of the animal rights organisation called HSI - humane society international. talk talk talk ... it all ends up with donation, i.e. money.

i donno how i get into their trap cos usually i jes straight forward say NO. Dunno whats gotten into me today. I just agreed on most things she said. Honestly, the information she told me was quite interesting. they were about cats and dogs furs which are traded for sale in Australia. Sale means produced into dozens of retailer products, e.g. bags, shoes, jackets, etc. I mean, the matters about furs raised since millions years ago, but they were of orangutans' or more furry animals. Never knew that cats and dogs furs are also one of the main elements for shoes or bags, that I might've bought and worn!!!!!! gyaahhh... iffy bok! Anyway, those stories really got my attention today thus i asked questions and actually interested to those things she said. One thing that made me uncomfortable tho, she kept complimenting me as if those things would get me appreciate her more. I know their tricks, those marketing researchers type. I studied those things. They have some kinda guidebook for it. Stupidly, I learned about all that and still fell into their trap? see, so stupid ahh!

so it all ends up with me being registered into their organisation and withdrawing money from my bank to theirs' - every bloody month! Bah. Not that i'm stingy or anything but i myself realised that i aint really an animal person. Rather than giving out to them animals, sorry, but I prefer helping my own nation with our own catastrophies. Jogja? Hello!

speaking of furs. I totally cant understand why Australia with all their legal and regulation crap can be fooled with these illegal traders? I mean theyre transfering a definite fur material into the country and do nothing? But on the other hand... aussie is famous for their uggs, which by all means made from wools. Those are animal fur as well, are they not? they so proud of their uggs too! He he I even want a pair! i'm walking on both sides here, Yay animal rights and Yes for uggies! Lol. but seriously, I'm not surprised to hear about illegal trades if they happened in Asia (mind you, not jes INDO!). I tot developed countries are better than that. I tot laws and regulations are fully-functioned here. Apparently, not. I was being rather naive with all the concept of a developed nation, dont I?

Am I - are you - being cheated with the thoughts of wonderful life in a very cultured country, say, Australia?

Down along the path, I read something about how ignorance is a bliss. Being the clueless that I am, may I take that phrase as a foolish remark? For me, ignorance means not caring.. for anything, anyone. And I realised not long ago that no man is an island. As isolated as we think we are to society, there's no certainty that we could actually live in such circumstances. For all I know, I never wanna be tagged 'ignorant', be it for trivial things. But hey, thats just me.

The HSI people aint surely copped for 'ignorance', don't they?

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
A Blank Canvas, Ready to be painted. Contemplation at its best. A personal Journey...

goBlog