On being thankful

Today I'm grateful for my friends.
I have 3 different crowds and a twin, each of them have their own characteristic.

My ex-housemates, for example, their personalities are so strong and complete opposite of me but we can blend in. They're strong opinionated women, who deserves to always be loved just because they always spread positive ions to the people around them. Seriousness to them is camouflaged by jokes and sarcasm. Two significant elements, since the past 7 years, I could never learn to do! Among them, I felt I'm the youngest (while in fact, I'm not). Them 2 crazy chicas are my drugs. I'm on high when they're nearby.

My sweet companions are those recently came around. My traveling buddies, my daily comforters. The 3 chicas came to my life from different timeline. 17, 14, and a mere 3 years ago we knew each other. Companionship becomes sweet, harmless, and fun. With them, small talk can never gets dry. Without them, days could become so dull. My sweet ladies are the icing on this grovelling routines.

The last but not least, the intellectual crowd. We started off as duo, then becomes triplet. Miss smarty chick and mister nice guy are my intellectuals trashcan. They're smart in their own ways, live through experiences. They're my rock to see face-to-face with the world. The duo missy and mister are my left and right pillars in life, holding me steady.

Sneaking in, my Chinese twin. We've been close friends since the initial survival in Melbourne. Back in the days, when we're finding our inner-self, we both contemplated over the same issue over and over. Who we are, what we want to do, those kinda stuff. I learn to speak up my mind and learn to show some emotions, all from her. Though we lived in same city now, we barely see each other that often. But communication never stops. Her speech can sometimes get so snappy, but they often true. She's my shopping buddy, my contemplating twin, my love advisor, whose maturing quite a lot since babygirl came along. To me, she always know how to advises me on stupid love. Though not once I follow her advice. haha!

I am most grateful for these eight dearest darling friends of mine. That's what they meant to me. Hopefully, I do have a significant place in their lives, even only play a minor role.

These eight companions in my life, are one of the reasons I wish to stuck in Jakarta, and be happy in this undesirable city.

A friend's quote I kept repeating: It's not the place, it's the people.
For now, people won over place.

I'm most thankful having them in my life.
Alhamdulillah.....

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
A Blank Canvas, Ready to be painted. Contemplation at its best. A personal Journey...

goBlog