tentang menulis

I was to translate title into English - on Writing.
That doesn't sound too good, so instead I use my native language Bahasa Indonesia. It sounds better, to my ears anyway.

I have that itch again, the itch to blog. To write.

I came across a tweet or a blog not long ago, mentioned about writing, specifically on 'How to begin to write'. Recently, writing becomes sexy for Indonesians. Everyone writes, or want to write.
For the latter audience, it only comes on the desire not on implementation (to actually do it).
I really need to find that post again, damn i forgot where I read it.

It basically said, to write, one need not be in front of computer/notebook. Jaman udah canggih, kawan! Those smartphones on your palm, make use of them.
And damn those words are very spot-on!

Back when my mobiles weren't smart, I make use of its' notepad to write. Then when I got Internet access, I retype them on blogs or other personal medium. I don't overthink what I wrote, because personally, my words are my memory lane. Exploring words on my personal journey. Now, years passed, re-read them is overwhelming.

Pictures may worth thousand words.
But words magnifies emotion. I choose words over visual at any given day.

I do believe that to write can be as simple as exploring your inner-self, contemplating self, releasing emotion, and further than that, study writing structure, expanding vocabulary, and knowing your audience.

For me, I chose the first over the latter. It's my vocabulary playground. My space to be dickinsonized. I'm most loyal to Blogspot, it gives me the full anonymity so I can be whomever I wish to be.

So those who WANT to write, Write. As easy as 1, 2, 3.
It doesn't have to be meaningful or word-y. Hey, mine is shit too.
But it's liberating.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
A Blank Canvas, Ready to be painted. Contemplation at its best. A personal Journey...

goBlog