Stephanie Meyer's Twilight

Watching the movie is for a lazy Sunday.
Reading the book, however, is a whole different story. A night of teens’ lust wrapped in ‘scarily’ Halloween cover. Much intrigued. ;)

Partly bias due to the insignificant remake of the movie, I expected nothing more for the book. I was dead wrong. Words by words can get you so caught up you won’t resist another second to put the book down, let alone pending it for another night. Meyer draws each character so specific, your imagination runs wild!

The book meant for teens’ read. Or so I thought. Meyer eloquently telling the story made me thinks twice whom she targeted. Meyer made Edward Cullen this perfectly dark angel that in every page consists of him, you’d get too consumed by his irrationally flawless being –or should I say flawless vampire?. It is as though Meyer is caressing Ed through her words. It’s almost filthy to read, let alone imagine!

"Oh baby don't you know I suffer?
Oh baby can't you hear me moan?
You caught me under false pretences
How long before you let me go?

Oooh...You set my soul alight.
*Muse."

I’m convinced, it’s not made for kids or teens’ read.

I was torn. Torn by Meyer’s illustration of Belle and Edward’s tangled touch and affection.
Her and I, were two crazies in lust.
And I swore, never to open a Meyer’s book ever more!
To hell with New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn.

I’m done as the twilight appears.




*twilight: the time of day immediately following sunset

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
A Blank Canvas, Ready to be painted. Contemplation at its best. A personal Journey...

goBlog