Stephanie Meyer Twilight Series






I had my week with Stephanie Meyer. Finished off the four saga in exactly one week! Lost my beauty sleep cos of 'em too!
And I wanna say they're worth the sore eyes, but unfortunately, that only apply for the first, Twilight. New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn weren't as interesting and breathtaking as the initial entry of Bella and Edward's supernatural love tale. I can, however, assured you all that they all three could run your emotions amuck.

The books take Bella as the first person point-of-view, but we all know where the intensity of the book focuses on. Edward Cullen - the living (figuratively) Greek God in a picture perfect human form, as Meyer had described in her books. Meyer covers the saga particularly audienced for every Eve's descendants. It's supernatural romantic comedy, with every bit of comedy you'd get from Romantic Comedy.

The Twilight Series are sweet and harmless (in any physical means). Fear though, for the faint hearts. The prose she delivers was holding enormous emotional punch and vivid for the imaginary. Edward Cullen, the perfect human form of a Greek God, the one character that would run in your veins, you brain, your rushing blood. As explicitly told by Jenny Hale "No wonder Bella swoons. So do her readers and not just the teenagers. One motherly bookseller told me, "Want vivid dreams? Then try reading it before bed." Since page one, Edward Cullen had taken over that center stage.

In terms of plot twists, the series divided into 4 separate entities are really drags too much. Point of story was too clear and the climaxes weren't as many and as confronting as that other "Best-Seller teens fiction book" had presented. Stephanie Meyer was to tame given the supernatural backing in her story. The dialogues are sometimes become to tedious, makes us impatient for some act. In Breaking Dawn, Meyer lost her edge. A new character shift the focus of the story from Bella and Edward to this character. When the near finale kicked in, the war that we know is always ended with bloodshed, but in Cullens' war, it didn't.

Meyer presented us with a mixed of PG 13 and something more. The passion of Edward and Bella's is a bit much for teens' in Indo. Here shuldn't be PG 13, but more to PG 16. The anger and bloodshed were too tame, but the romance was excessive for teens in our culture.

If it were me, I wouldn't let my young cousins/nieces to read the series, not until they're above 16.

Especially in breaking dawn where it became too intense, but for the adults I'd say I have to agree with Jenny Hale again, that, "It is Edward who has powered this series' cult status and he has lost his heroic centre stage. Ultimately it is we, the readers, whose lusts are left unsatisfied."

Overall, I would say the series are nothing but good books and good story.
However, they're not fulfilling enough for me to take a second read for each book.

My comment for all is, at least now i know what the fuss is about. And I settled on that.
completely.
and relieved.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
A Blank Canvas, Ready to be painted. Contemplation at its best. A personal Journey...

goBlog