there was this, a DECADE ago...

I'm bit uneasy to actually jot this down. just because, i'm quite unfamiliar with my own nation's current affairs. I admit for being rather ignorant given that i read local newspapers here, but not really the Indonesian ones. *grin*

As I browse randomly for something to read today, there it goes, smack to my face in the front page THE AGE wrote with bold caps, SOEHARTO rallies overnight. Topik hangat bak artis infotainment si Bapak satu itu..

I never really follow his legal case, but came to my shock, the Age bluntly spurs this reality "The 86-year-old former president, who stepped down a decade ago after 32 years of often brutal rule in the world's fourth most populous nation,...." man, that was 10 years ago!! TEN! has it been this frickin' long and we still see no apparent result? With him lying weak in the hospital suite, mixed reactions are come about from the entire nation. Some sympathize, some speak of anger, some being realistic... and some are plainly reminded to the existence of the case (or just the fact that si Bapak is actually,.... still alive). The latter, prolly, is a bunch minority ignorant (ashamedly to say, I'm one of them).

Am I to have any opinion on this? Mind's blank, which is a complete opposite when I heard about Kevin Rudd's election for PM or Barrack Obama & Clinton head to head to win the nation's voice. Ain't this typical of us? We are prolly still communized to the thought that westerners are more dominant than us. Hence, the need to be the first to know about things “out” there becomes impeccably significant.

Hopefully, I’m the last batch of this generation to think this way.

As to kelanjutan kasus si Bapak, bagaimana?

Too much hidden agenda we could not predict nor see. Just thinking about it, I feel like walking on a limbo. Wait, maybe ‘tis the reason I prefer on the sidewalk and not a million things instantly scatter in mind. Dya know what I mean? taking the easy street, baby.

Oh well, if only a certainty persists in any walk of life.

Hail skepticism!

Note:

I’m not really a politically conscious person. This posting is a very shallow observation of a mere ignorant citizen.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
A Blank Canvas, Ready to be painted. Contemplation at its best. A personal Journey...

goBlog