Be the change you want

A Quote famously remarked by Gandhi. I got it from the book Don't think of an Elephant. It's pretty self-explanatory, u reckon?

Thats not what this is about.
Nah. Nothing relate to whatever Gandhi has said actually. I just want to put it here. somewhere in the posting. :p

Anyhoo, I did it.
I called my super and told her I have to cancelled today's shift. She was pretty upset about it since she had to find another person to cover that shift. Well, I know, stupid me to accept the shift at first place. I felt pretty bad afterwards, but then I tried not to be bothered by it. Off I go to see a friend and had lunch. 3rd time in a week I ate Indian food. Come to think of it, prolly it has something to do with what I'm about to tell you later.. hmm, coincidence perhaps?

After we had our lunch at some Indian place, not thatta good curries I reckon. We then off to Art Gallery to have a look-see on Picasso's Love & War. Tell you the truth, his work is beyond. Beyond my brain, that is! Couldn't understand one bit. Gah. So much of being artsy-wannabe, eh?

We walked around the gallery for a good 1.5 hours and say, enough. The only thing I get from the exhibition was the love story of Picasso's life. The exhibition is about his personal life. There were artworks of Dora Maar as well, who was his lover and confidant for almost nine years. I googled Picasso, and my my, he had quite a lot of missus and mistresses. Few legitimate sons and daughters too. Prolly people wouldn't expose his illegitimate ones. hehe. That's the love theme, whereas the war theme seems about all the piece made during the spanish civil war he had to experienced (or runaway from). A masterpiece of Guernica is also presented, in which documented from beginning of production til the end by Dora Maar. NGV has one area specifically set up for Guernica and Maar's documentation work. Although of course, before googling, I wouldnt know any of this. :)

Pff anyway, his work is out of my league. (obviously duh!)

Done with picasso.. we took a stroll down to southgate and decided to get some takeaways dinner and large juice. We then said our goodbyes and I walked home with opposite directions as the others. There he was. our eyes locked in together. Sounds cheesy eh? but true though. There he was. An old fling. Someone from the past. The unknown other. Well, I think that was him. Hehe. How long it's been? 2-3 years since we last met? Yet we never know each other's name. How bizarre. But it kinda lightens my day today. Just the thought of meeting him again. Although, I wasnt sure but at least the thought that counts. Hehe.. He put a smile on my face. This is what I thought was the coincidence I mentioned earlier. If you can put the pieces together, if you'd know what I mean.

Ah lamo!! *grin*

and here I am, post once again about the unknown dude. what can be more lame than this?

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
A Blank Canvas, Ready to be painted. Contemplation at its best. A personal Journey...

goBlog