a year ago

hmm.. didn't realize easter is coming.

reminisce of last year's easter. I WAS IN LAS VEGAS!! and now? I'm stuck in Melb... doing nothing. how the opposite. hff!
not that things were extravagant in vegas last year, but at least, things were extremely different.
a walk on the strip and saw a different view of mixed culture. Massive crowds of mexicans, or "madur" to some Indonesians, are everywhere on the strip.

We road-trip from LA. During the 3 (??) hours trip, a friend's car was pulled over by cops twice! tough luck eh? Some said its the end of the month so cops are on deadline for cashing up. kalo bahasa Indonesianya, kejar setoran! =D Funny, innit? to hear this term for police officers as if they're bus drivers here in Indonesia. well different country, different culture.

anyway, back to roadtrip. We made a few stops along the way. except to eat and get petrol, we stop.. ehem ehem... where else but factory outlets! Couldnt remember the name of the FO though. Apparently, they have a lot (and i mean A LOT!!) of FOs in the states. Heck, all my shoppings came from there! mouth says savings, head says.. not really! =D It's quite unusual for me to see branded items are placed in FOs. We don't see those kinds enter DFOs here, do we? When you see the label Factory Outlets, your mind has its own frame-set that tells "cheap cheap cheap". Ergo, cashing out all you have to items that you think are cheaper, but honestly, they're not really, are they?

We shopped like no tomorrow. split up into groups and we went our own ways. Gila!! and thats what you called shopping on a fast track!

Just one step away entering the las vegas strip, we took a quick stop for dinner at this chinese arcade (i think). Our "couple" friends had an argument, over the dinner place. one said the strip is classier, the other said no biggie where we eat. silly, really.

Had chinese for dinner (the food, not the people!). off we go, and finally, We're in VEGAS baby!!
I felt like "orang desa masuk kota!!" norak, i know.
You know what, since departed from LA I still didn't know where we are to stay in Vegas.
Not until we enter one of those giant hotel in the middle of the strip. yes people, apparently our friends booked us up at the Venetian!!! sungguh gila. I was thinking of something mid-to-low range hotel, but not this!!! Although, I don't regret one bit. HAHAHA (kapan lagiiii!!!)
And to no surprise, we ended up in a double-bed room with 8 people in it!!! imagine how we sleep at night eh?? luckily, the sofa bed did a lil magic and made space for the 8 of us in the room. just.

Their plan was to clubbing all weekend. Not really my type of itinerary. So just a couple of us went out for a stroll outside the Venetian. The weekend went through by missing out on Tao and the Palm, just becos I was stupid enough to leave my passport in LA!!!!!! apparently, other IDs are not valid anywhere in vegas. D'oh! Spent a worthy few hundreds for shows at the Venetian and Paris Las Vegas. First off, the Producer at Paris and, just hours before heading back to LA, we made it to see Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian. Don't care what everyone say, theyre worth the cash!

Sadly though, I didn't really venture out the strip from start to end. Missed out on something happening inside Wynn (ada apa sih di dalem Wynn??), didn't even wait for the caesar palace's fountain to do its show and late for the pirate's show at treasure island. Turis banget ya gue?? =D heck i don't care. It aint like once a year i'd be going there anyways. But i'm surely going there again someday. To see all the cirque du soleil's shows!!!!!!!!!! ;)

So basically, yeah thats what I did on easter last year.
compared to this year's, last year was way better!!!
it's been a year, i can't believe it! A year ago I was off to countries I've never been, and you could say... by myself.

If there were time machine, I'd go back to last year and make the easter break a glass half-full adventure. Ah to hell with time machine, just gimme enough dosh to pack my bags and jet off to someplace new. To rekindle the past year's adventure in present time.

Actually, I could.
Off to Germany this year. but after browsing the web for air fare, apa daya saya tidak mampuuu!!! freakishly expensive to travel from melb to koln! Don't know where Koln is, but thats where a friend will have her company's annual meeting and the meeting point for us, if I were to join her. The idea is very tempting. and i mean, extremely tempting! If I don't care about saving up my past months income, I'll be getting my luggage and start packing. =D

too bad miss d, prolly next year you can ask me again? hehehe.. *ngintil mulu ya gue?????*

I wish to do something this easter break, something fun and unfortunately has to be in Melbourne. I just can't get any ideas in mind..
thoughts, anyone?

1 comments:

miss d 11:01 PM  

bikin g tambah stress aja loe!! at least u're in melb tau. g di jakarta nehhh indoo

About Me

My photo
A Blank Canvas, Ready to be painted. Contemplation at its best. A personal Journey...

goBlog