Radja Ketjil


So..

A friend and I had a sudden lunch date this Sunday. I've always wanted to try on this restaurant called 'Radja Ketjil' (lit. means little king). They have a branch near our homes. In Tebet, to be exact.

The concept is peranakan. I'm not sure the english for it.
Basically, the food is a mixed of malay, indo and chinese.

Around 12-ish we arrived. The decor outdoor is convincing and the inside is homey, with a distinct chinese decor. The place was very quiet by the time we were there. I don't mind quiet.

It wasn't too difficult to decide what we wanted to eat. I ordered hainan chicken rice, my friend had porridge with kung pao chicken. We both were curious by Vietnamese coffee with milk, so had those too. The menu is filled with funny names. One remember most is 'Nasi goreng pengen kawen' (lit. fried rice wants to be wed).

The verdict.
My hainan chicken rice was so-so, but very much edible. I wouldn't mind a second taste.
I tried the porridge and kung pao, they tasted more divine than my food. Although I'd say the herbs aren't rich enough for Asian dish. Given the place and the food, the price is spot-on. It wasn't too pricey. The range would be around 20rb-40rb for main dishes. They have dim sum hours too! 8-11 am with only 10rb. Really cheap, I reckon. Must try for breaky there sometime.

I love the place, the food, and what's more..
it gives FREE WI-FI !!



Definitely must do a second round soon. :)



Jl. Tebet Barat Dalam Raya No. 19,
Jakarta Selatan
Tel. 021-83703227, 83703236

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
A Blank Canvas, Ready to be painted. Contemplation at its best. A personal Journey...

goBlog