Online Shopping

I'm sure gazillion people have bought something online. I am one of those gazillions.

I've went through eBay and few others online webs based overseas. The few times I interacted with sellers online, the communication between us always run smoothly and... polite.

Then I got home.
And I experience a whole different interaction between buyer and seller. In plain word, sellers are in charge. They don't please customers as they shouldve been treated. I guess shopping online here don't differ much with shopping on brick and mortar. Have you noticed shop assistants recently? They plain ignore you and don't take queries seriously.

Same goes to online shops. Although, of course, not all of them are as such. Its generally speaking.

But what I'm saying here, culture and customer service do play direct role in business. Overseas know how to run online etiquette and since no personal contact, our interaction is limited to monitor and keyboard, which is more passive interaction. Unlike here where mobiles are the most preferred contact, which requires both parties to interact actively, ergo each party wants instant replies as if we have no other things to do besides to fulfil each other's needs until all errands completed.

And that, is troublesome.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
A Blank Canvas, Ready to be painted. Contemplation at its best. A personal Journey...

goBlog