Australia and Indonesia

One of those articles defining the relationship between Australia and Indonesia. A country which Aussie always claim to be a threat due to high level of terrorist attack.

The travel warning has been going on for years.
Surprisingly, I discovered from The Age which reported a new visa for Australians to have their "opportunity" to work and holidaying in Indonesia (Allard, 2009). The works will be pretty much the same as "Work USA" program, I suppose.

Oh, No no no. don't get too psyched about this new visa to be one of the supports for "visit Indonesia" program. Australian diplomats are still quite paranoid to "over-protect" their citizens, by keeping Indonesia as the runner-up in their Travel Warning list.

Given their new visa policy... this, I would say, a very oxymoronic political agenda.
The contradiction is perceived as "Australians walk and chew gum at the same time" said Senator Evans.

I don't know if I should be offended or diplomatic about it.
To my understanding, if I may do the math... it might goes into equations as follows:

New visa + travel warning = Walk + Chew Gum = Australia + Indonesia

on which variable does Indonesia should stand that wouldn't delineate us as inferior?

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
A Blank Canvas, Ready to be painted. Contemplation at its best. A personal Journey...

goBlog