Laskar Pelangi

mimpi adalah kunci
untuk kita menaklukkan dunia
berlarilah tanpa lelah
sampai engkau meraihnya


Laskar Pelangi.
Where to begin?

The book of the same title by Andrea Hirata. The belitung boy.
I've mentioned the book previously.
The idea is inspiring, however, in terms of writing, some parts i lost interest.
(FYI, and I'm not the only one who say this)

Now, THE MOVIE.

by the duet Miles and Riri Riza.
SPECTACULAR! Best Movie of the Year without a doubt! It makes Ayat-Ayat Cinta like shit. *pardon my french

I'm surprised how they visualize the book into an awesome movie. Well, lets skip the added commercial scenes to spice things up. by that I meant, Tora's.

The movie overall can really play your emotion. Hands up who cried during AAC's dying scene? Trust me. They're nothing compared to the ENTIRE scenes of LP. I hold my breath just to hold my eyes from crying. Weird, I know. but it works. *LOL

and the place. Belitung.
OH. MON. DIEU.
No wonder the Dutch invaded us for hundreds of years. HEY, Indonesia itu indah ya! SANGAT.
We have nature that beyond the imaginable. It's very unfortunate that we locals don't even see it and worst, never preserve it to be our precious treasure. pity us.

The beat-up shack they called school can look so artistic on the land of belitung. Don't believe? See the movie. Look closely. Who would think that beat-up shack can look so graceful under the bright blue sky without any smokes of pollution around. The boys Laskar Pelangi and the teacher, chasing rainbows. With such clear sky, you'd find easy to say hi to rainbows up above. With those clean white sand, who would wanna wear shoes everyday? The nature hold you tight with its' beauty. on the other hand, people torn it apart without loving it back. i'm off topic.

Best scenes for me were:
-) Ikal lost A-ling and the whole world feels like crumbled down (and literally, that it is - i.e. the items at the shop fell down! oh the heartbreak! *LOL)
-) the Asmat dance, and how Mahar cleverly not wear the 'itchy necklace' and be the head of tribe. all his eccentrics made me laugh anyway. :)
-) Lintang told Ikal why he went to school (this is after bu Mus took leave of absent from school and school's out for a week). *sob sob
-) Lintang holding his sister and be the head of the family. Farewelled the school and everyone. *tears!

A quote I love from the movie, of Pak Har's:"Jangan cepat menyerah. Hiduplah untuk memberi sebanyak-banyaknya, bukan menerima sebanyak-banyak nya"

The words where it hits.
Jangan cepat menyerah.
I'm not saying personally about me. But when you hear the words and you see those kids (as they were in their characters), you'd feel like ten of thousands of fists hitting you at the same time. nyesek bok! Those kids - mahar, ikal, and lintang - can bring out the characters so well. I'm in love with mahar with his eccentric. I'm torn for Lintang because of his fate. and I envy ikal, for being ikal (having Lintang to forever inspire him).

I take my words. I salute Andrea Hirata.
and Miles.
and Riri Riza.

for reminding us that 'there are less unfortunates than us out there. why whinge constantly!' =D
outweigh the good than the bad.

Be Lintang. keep the spirit alive within yourselves and to others.
Be 'lil Mahar. eccentric don't always mean weirdo.
Be Ikal. keep focusing on the aim, and you'll reach it eventually.

menarilah dan terus tertawa
walau dunia tak seindah surga
bersyukurlah pada Yang kuasa
cinta kita di dunia


Nidji made the perfect ending.
it's like mengejar matahari all over again, the hit song as the closing credit... you'd feel your emotion being muck around. the drama flashback from where it began.
-- mimpi-mimpi anak SD Muhammadiyah Belitung. Anak-anak yang dengan keterbatasannya bisa mencapai mimpinya dengan termotivasi dari sang bunda guru yang tanpa lelah memberi kesempatan mereka untuk memulai. something we've lost since the world starts aging.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
A Blank Canvas, Ready to be painted. Contemplation at its best. A personal Journey...

goBlog