YouTube and Obscenity -- Indonesian version

Don't we all praise YouTube for our home entertainment media?

when I was looking for a jazz/funk dance class in Jakarta,
I found a video that comes too close as seeing Babylon, and Justin at the front stage.
(hint: Queer as Folk)



O....kayy. *trying hard not to laugh*
To instructor (Stefan Brecard, is it?): Honey stanny, I've joined dance classes at a fitness centre before, and darling, I thought the gays are great dancers?

I'm sorry but I can only watch half of that 3 minutes video.
I mean, look at those ladies, and THOSE MUMS?! mimicking your dance moves?! I just can't.. it's way terrifying than Sadako.
If it were me, I would def want my money back.

If this were the case to find a *proper* dance class in Jakarta, then by all means, I'll forget my intention to start dance lessons. I better off find me some pirated DVDs down at Ambasador Mall and teach myself to dance. or better yet, a Wii.

I hear that those instructors at Fitness centers are freelancers. I'm just wondering, don't they get proper qualification tests to be gym/dance instructors? Ya know, just a curious mind is all.

Another obscene video found on YouTube, based on another one of my curiousities.
Started from a shocking headline on Jakarta Globe I read this morning.

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/home/indonesian-clerics-ban-menstruating-ghost-horror-film/356458
(I won't put up the vid here, that's just too much exclusivity for the movie)

What caught my attention was A word that, I think, is so improper to be in the article that is not cosmopolitan's or femina's.
What's more, is that the article ISN'T about a women's that-time-of-the-month and whatnot.
It's about a Horror flick. Of course, Indonesian lah.
Who else on earth would ever made a movie that includes a women's period in its' title!?

Okay, to cut curiousity short, the movie is entitled 'Hantu Puncak Datang Bulan'.

We all know about the predecessors of lamest Indonesian flicks (especially, horror genre). This menstruating horror movie really pushing it to the toll. Skimpy clothes are one thing, but sex scenes?

Hey, KK Deeraj, is the idea of menstruating too horrific for you to apprehend, that you end up making a HORROR film of it?

However, before stopping it to screen in cinemas, why don't we compromise?
Sir, if your defense is excessive production cost. Yes, I know that making movie isn't cheap.
So hear me out, Why don't you...

Stay the fuck away from my young cousins, nieces and nephews' hangouts --- 21 cineplex and blitz cinemas. But, I know for sure, there's one cinema where your movie can def get a spot, that cinema opposite Pasar Senen. Why not make a deal with them, Sir?
You can even put big poster up there, proudly announcing Andy Soraya and Trio Macan as the casts, and You, KK Deeraj, Sir as, what, producer? writer? director?. That poster can also include the casts' boobs hanging out, or if you want, your man-boobs, by all means please.

That's what democracy is.
Compromising.

You won't go bust by spending $$$ for yo big ass movie, you get some income back (if that),
You could get people to watch your movie (proudly). Bottomline, you can get your exposure, which then you can put it in that resume of yours that Yo a big ass movie director. (or producer or writer, you choose).

Comprende?

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
A Blank Canvas, Ready to be painted. Contemplation at its best. A personal Journey...

goBlog