What you do when you're on a Taxi?

on a fine Saturday, I decided to stay at home... doing nothing and browse the net.
and I found Indrani.net

Read her "chat with taxi drivers", I then remembered a topic once discussed on the local radio (either Gen-FM or JakFM morning shows).
Topic was "what you do when you're on a Taxi".

To my surprise, the Radio hosts (or they call it DJs?) was shocked when someone said "I talked to the taxi drivers.
they laughed at that person and started to joke about it.

I find that, irritating.


Back in melbourne, Taxi drivers are sometimes make the first convo. A simple weather talk can lead to various others. I took that culture with me.

Here in Jakarta, what's interesting was, some taxi drivers are prolly not that enthusiastic to talk with their passengers too! To our typical lazy convos, a question is answered just basically YES or NO. a word, nothing more.

Maybe it's not in our culture to communicate to strangers. Even just a simple weather talk.
It could most probably be that we keep it deep in our roots the "mind our own business" and "don't talk to strangers" beliefs.

Weather talk means only respecting others. However, some people who we depicted as labor workers, they sometimes prolly wouldn't find it amusing as well to have a chit-chat. Although, some others, I know for fact, are delighted to chat and be treated nice.

It's not about the taxi drivers.
It's about they who find it weird to talk to taxi drivers.
What's their problem??!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
A Blank Canvas, Ready to be painted. Contemplation at its best. A personal Journey...

goBlog